BumbleBees: Miss White/Miss Hillier & Mrs Neal
Dragonflies: Mrs Dawson & Mrs Clist
What does our learning look like?
0850 School day starts with a morning task linked to current learning
0900 Register closes
0915 Activate – whole body exercises combined with fine motor activities
0930 Phonics – whole class input
1000 Busy Bee – Children’s independent learning through play
1115 Maths – whole class input
1250 Circle time/register
1300 Busy Bee/PE
1430 Assembly/ Story time
1500 Home time
Outdoor PE is on a Wednesday – please send your child in leggings/tracksuit trousers, trainers & school uniform on the top
Library day is Tuesday
How can you support your child at home?
Sharing their reading book
Practising their phonics, letter formation and keywords
Talking about their learning in school
Encouraging independent thinking through problem solving and decision making
Developing their self-help skills – such as dressing and toileting
Ladybirds: Mrs Wilson/Mrs Osborn & Miss West
Grasshoppers: Mrs Bainbridge, Miss Green, Mrs Righini-Nisbet & Mr Mullett
It is important that your child arrives on time because children have an activity to undertake which supports their learning for the day.
During the day the children will participate in:
Activate – exercise to get ready for learning.
- Whole class, teacher led activities – phonic, maths, reading and writing etc.
- Group activities – teacher led, adult supported, independent
- Star time – child initiated activities linked to topic and current learning. It is an opportunity for the children to solve problems, make decisions and demonstrate independence.
- Topic related activities e.g. science, art, geography.
- Circle time – whole class time to develop personal, social, speaking and listening skills.
- PE – please leave PE bags at school all week. Outdoor PE is on a Tuesday. Please send your child into school in leggings/tracksuit trousers, trainers and school uniform on the top.
How to help your child…
- Please ask your child about their day in school.
- Please read for at least 5 minutes nightly and sign their reading diary.
- Look at newsletter for ways to support each topic.
- ‘Why not try’ activities.
- Practise correct letter formation and handwriting.
Library day – Please send in library books on a Wednesday morning.
Butterflies: Miss Rowland & Mrs Panther
Caterpillars: Mrs Griffiths, Mrs Allen-Scholley & Miss Edwards
Helping at home
You can help your child at home by ensuring you read as often as possible, practise number bonds, counting on in multiples and also practising spelling keywords.
Please remember to bring your water bottles in on a Monday.
Library day is Wednesday
PE kits need to be in school at all times. Outdoor PE day is Monday. Please send your child into school in leggings/tracksuit trousers, trainers and school uniform on the top.
Thank you for your continuing support.