- To help in the strategic planning of the school – This means helping with the decision making process, approving the annual School Improvement Plan and allied budget plan, setting policies and appointing the Head Teacher.
- To secure accountability – This involves reporting on performance against targets set, hearing appeals, dealing with general complaints, conducting the Head’s appraisal and setting the Head’s salary range.
- To act as a critical friend – This involves supporting, monitoring, evaluating and challenging the running of the school.
- The whole governing body meet on a monthly basis, with some meetings being specifically focused on areas, such as finance, resources, health & safety and curriculum.
- If you have suggestions for the Governing Body please email: email@example.com. Suggestions will be considered at the next Full Governing Body meeting.
|Name||Category||Appointed by||Term of Office(no. of years and date)||Committee Membership||Responsibilities|
|Susan Hamilton||Co-opted||Governing Body||4||25/11/2022||Pay Committee||Vice-Chair of Governors Development & Training Governor (DTG)|
|Stacey Hodson||Deputy Headteacher/SENDCo||Governing Body||4||24/01/2025|
|Heidi Allen||Parent Governor||Parents||4||14/10/2024||Year 1 Pupil Progress|
|Philip Bull||Parent Governor||Parents||4||14/10/2024||Pay Committee||ICT Governor Year 2 Pupil Progress|
|Laura Millyard||Co-opted Governor||Governing Body||4||18/10/2024||EYFS & Pupil Premium Health & Safety Governor|
|Charley Mills||Co-opted||Governing Body||4||15/07/2022||Headteacher’s Performance Review Panel||Chair of Headteacher’s Performance Review Panel
Safeguarding Governor Year R Pupil Progress
|Nicola Pendleton||Co-opted Governor||Governing Body||4||23/06/2023||Chair of Governors SEND Governor|
|Ros Baxter||Authority Governor||Governing Body||4||06/09/2025||Headteacher’s Performance Review Panel|
|Rachel Blackmore||Co-opted Governor||Governing Body||4||14/07/2025||Pay Committee||Governor Forum Rep|
|Colin Tuck||Authority||Governing Body||4||07/07/2023 (Resigned 27/01/2021)||Pay Committee|
|Zoe Rawlings||Co-opted Governor||Governing Body||4||20/10/2023
|Diane McEwan||Co-opted||Governing Body||4||04/02/2023
|Pupil Premium Governor
Pupil Progress Year R
|Headteacher’s Performance Review Panel||Data Protection Governor|
Register of Governors’ Pecuniary Interests
Name of Business, including:
|Nature of Business||Nature of Interest||Date of Appointment or Aquisition||Date of Cessation of Interest||Date of Entry|
|Karen Dawson||Employed Alverstoke Infant School||20/09/2021|
|Steph Greenwood||Headteacher Alverstoke Infant School
|Stacey Hodson||Deputy Headteacher||Education||Governor||20/09/2021|
|Susan Hamilton||Employed by GFM / The Decura Trust||Education/MAT||Staff / Chair of Board||01/11/2018 / 04/03/2019||20/09/2021|
|Charley Mills||Employed by HCC||Outdoor Education/PE||Team Manager||20/09/2021|
|Colin Tuck||Nil||20/10/2020 (Resigned 27/01/2021)|
|Zoe Rawlings||Spouse is Governor at Peel Common Junior School||Education||03/12/2019 (Resigned 25/01/2021)|
|Diane McEwan||Employed Alverstoke Infant School||23/09/2020 (Resigned 14/01/2020)|
|Gareth Davis||Alverstoke C of E Junior School
Hampshire Children & Young People Select Committee
Governor Attendance for Academic Year 2019/2020
(Please note monthly FGB meetings held, therefore no committees)
|Governor Name||No. of Meetings||No. Attended||% Attendance|
* Governor resigned from office during 2019/2020
** Governor appointed during 2019/2020